Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Can't find episodes even though does validate and has episodes

• bozhenko
  • bozhenko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2017 12:37 #6767 by bozhenko
Hello Thomas, that's me again. If you remember, you've traced the bug on my site to be Easy jQuery plug. Now I did turn it off, and the rss-feed link now does come through and validates with validator.w3.org/feed/ but iTunes Connect won't find any episodes, even though they are there. yadi.sk/i/nzoxW_KE3L86ou and yadi.sk/i/jYg8tOn73L876X
This particular menuitem does have media type selected: yadi.sk/i/gYOTjo6w3L87Fd , yet, as you can see on the second screenshot, iTunes doesn't see media tag, I've checked, the feed doesn't have media marker in it. Could that be the reason? If so, how do I fix it?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2017 13:44 #6768 by Thomas Hunziker
Please check the feed URL and see if the episodes (<item> tags) are listed in it. If not, you likely have some wrong filters set or there is a bug in SermonSpeaker.

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2017 14:35 - 17 Jul 2017 14:39 #6769 by bozhenko
yadi.sk/i/oUtaA_Dv3L8KYg This screenshot shows you - there are four episodes in this category.
yadi.sk/i/ci6kqKFk3L8MVc This one shows you that the menuitem filter is set to the same category. Since it is totally unclear for me how does the "Category Type" work, I've tried all four options - it didn't help any.
yadi.sk/i/VKKJKHmY3L8Nyy This one does show you that there are no tags in feed whatsoever...
Are there any other filters that I could miss or misuse? Thank you.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2017 14:39 by bozhenko.

More
17 Jul 2017 14:56 #6770 by Thomas Hunziker
The "Category Type" specifies for which items the category should be checked. Since the same category can be assigned to a sermon, speaker or series you can specify on which item type it should be checked. Most of the time "Sermons" will be the best option.

Other than that, the options look right.

Of course the episodes need an audiofile assigned, otherwise they will be skipped.

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2017 15:17 #6771 by bozhenko
yadi.sk/i/R4OKdJC73L8U2V This episode is assigned to the same category I was showing before,
yadi.sk/i/-Haja2Fp3L8UDb It does have audio from AWS and video from YouTube,
yadi.sk/i/FXTLWE5j3L8UU5 The menuitem filter is set to the category and category type is set to "Sermon"
yadi.sk/i/c0JzzmmP3L8UZ8 - still, podcast connect won't find any episodes...

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2017 19:13 #6772 by bozhenko
There's something else interesting about SS behavior:
yadi.sk/i/pJpmS7Ku3L8sZj When I go through categories list on the site, it does show me, that this category has four episodes, but when I click on the category to go into it, it displays "Sorry, no episodes in this category": yadi.sk/i/3Ee_OXVo3L8t5U
So, there's something going on with it. It is not RSS generation only, it's something else with sorting the episodes...

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds