Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Multiple Players on a page

More
05 Apr 2017 21:53 #6614 by Robert
We have a site where we have the Sermon Speaker component loading a series of sermons and then on the sidebar using the Sermon Speaker plugin to add two more players loading each a single sermon.

Both sidebar players work on any other page, except the sermon speaker page, on the sermon speaker page they sit saying "Loading Player..." and we get a JavaScript error attached.

It seems the sidebar players JavaScript is malformed... instead of events: {onPlaylistItem etc.., it is generating events: events: {onPlaylistItem, notice the "events: events:" versus just "events:".

This occurs on most combinations of plugin players, JW5, JW6, JW7, etc.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2017 22:46 #6615 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you have a link to the site so I could have a look myself?
It sure looks like a bug to me.

Can you also say which version of SermonSpeaker and the player plugin you have installed?

More
05 Apr 2017 22:55 #6616 by Robert
Replied by Robert on topic Multiple Players on a page
The site and page having the issue is here: www.cslsarasota.com/podcasts

Versions:
Joomla 3.6.5
Sermon Speaker 5.5.4
JW Player 5 Plugin 5.3.1

The issue occurs with JW Player 6/7 and Pixel One players, although with JW Player 7 I sometimes get a different error if playing with skin setting.

We prefer the look and feel of JW Player 5 as that is what the client is used to.

Robert

More
06 Apr 2017 14:08 #6617 by Thomas Hunziker
Did you just change something? Because it is working now for me. It didn't work when I had a look earlier.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds