Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

PHP Upload Limit in Joomla 3.6.5

More
07 Feb 2017 17:14 #6520 by Fred Pitts
Hi, I have been using SermonSpeaker for years and appreciate it! Today I was uploading a sermon and got this message in the audiofile box as it was near completion: "Error: An error has occurred." After trying a couple of more times, I noticed above the audiofile box: "Please note: Upload is limited to 8M by your PHP settings." This was puzzling, since I had changed it some time ago to much higher. I couldn't find in joomla admin how to change it back up so finally went to my server's control panel to look at the php.ini file. I thought perhaps it had been reset to the default. But, no, it is still showing the max file upload setting as 50M, where I had set it up earlier. Do you know if there is another place to check that might override? Again, our sermon files are routinely over 8M, and we have not had this error since the very beginning when somehow we changed the limit. I thought that was through the backend of joola Global Configuration, but I could not find it there this time. Any ideas when it says the limit is 8M on the SermonSpeaker upload page but 50M in the PHP.ini file? This PHP.ini is in the root directory of my my public html folder. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2017 20:48 #6522 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker checks the "upload_max_filesize" and "post_max_size" and displays the lower of the two. Both are settings from the php.ini file.
You can check the active values from within Joomla when you go to System -> System Information -> PHP Information.
Depending on your hoster, there may also be different values (different php.ini files) for frontend and backend. So if you can't figure it out yourself with this information, you will have to ask your hoster for support.

More
07 Feb 2017 23:16 #6523 by Fred Pitts
Thanks. I find two php.ini files in public html. One is in the root, the other is in the administrator. Both have limits of at least 20MB, which is all I need. But the upload_max_filesize under PHP information is indeed 8MB. From what I hear you saying, it may be that the host has reduced those limits and I should check with them? Thanks again.

More
07 Feb 2017 23:48 #6524 by Thomas Hunziker
You can try editing the php.ini files and add the line "upload_max_filesize = 20M" to it. That could already be enough to fix it.

More
07 Feb 2017 23:54 #6525 by Fred Pitts
Hi Thomas, thanks. I should have been more clear. Both the php.ini files I found through cPanel already have "upload_max_filesize=20M" in them from when I changed them when I first installed SermonSpeaker years ago. It is in the Joomla System -> System Information -> PHP Information area where it says "8 MB" (and also picked up by SermonSpeaker above the audiofile box). Last week it said "20MB". I have made a ticket with my host to see if they have put limits elsewhere in the past week. If you have further ideas, though, I will try!

More
08 Feb 2017 07:49 #6526 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, then you need your hoster. Maybe he blocked something so you can't override it in your php.ini.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds