Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Import 3.4.4 SermonSpeaker tables to 5.5.2

More
17 Jul 2016 05:56 - 17 Jul 2016 05:57 #6214 by Jeff Ogburn

File Attachment:

File Name: SermonSpeaker344.zip
File Size:17 KB

How do I import 3.4.4 Sermon Speaker data to 5.5.2? I have attached my old sql tables.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2016 05:57 by Jeff Ogburn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2016 14:49 #6215 by Thomas Hunziker
Best is to update the SermonSpeaker data while updating SermonSpeaker itself. Refer to www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/27-how-do-i-mi...rmonspeaker-4-x.html for how to migrate between SermonSpeaker 3.x and 4.x. From 4 to 5 it's just a simple upgrade.

Best is to work on a backup of the site (AkeebaBackup helps with that) so you don't disturb you live site.

More
20 Jul 2016 14:09 #6222 by Jeff Ogburn
To clarify, this is a new install of Joomla 3.6 and I exported the tables from the Joomla 1.5.23 site. Can I import the tables and then install the new version SermonSpeaker?

More
20 Jul 2016 22:40 #6223 by Thomas Hunziker
No, that will not work.
You need to follow the steps in the migration FAQ. The current versions don't even have the necessary code to update the databases back from 1.5. Thus you need to update in steps.
You can do that on a local backup from the live site so you don't have to fear breaking the existing site.

If you want to apply the changes manually, you can have a look at the migrate.sql file that was part of SermonSpeaker 4 ( github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/Ser...nspeaker/migrate.sql ) and the update SQL files going forward: github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/tree/mas...in/sql/updates/mysql

Or you can compare how it should be using the current install SQL file and figure out the changes yourself: github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/mas...stall.mysql.utf8.sql

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds