Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

5.4.6 download button not working

More
07 Mar 2016 21:06 #5940 by Ben Russell
Hello, I recently upgraded to SermonSpeaker 5.4.6. The download button on my mp3 player no longer seems to work. You can try it out [url=http://http://fwcbranson.com/sermons/listen/sermon/10575-mcspadden16-0302]here[/url].

I've also been plagued the banner that says
"Notice
Using an integrated player is deprecated. Please enable at least one of the SermonSpeaker player plugins and then go to the SermonSpeaker options and set the 'Player' parameter in the 'Player' tab to '- Use Plugin -' instead."

The banner confused me because the player still works... but I tried installing the "Generic" player plugin and turning the SermonSpeaker options player to the -Use Plugin- option... then no player appeared... so I went back to the HTML5 player that I prefer.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2016 23:08 #5941 by Thomas Hunziker
The download button doesn't work because you have enabled the Google Analytics integration, but haven't set up Google Analytics on your site. So you get a JavaScript error because of the missing Google Analytics code.

The notice says that the integrated player is deprecated. It doesn't say it will not work. Deprecated means it will be removed in the next major version (most likely SermonSpeaker 6.0.0) and you are encouraged to use the new way already now to make the change flawless.
The generic player plugin is the worst choice you could do. This requires that you have another player of some sort already installed. Read the description :)
I'd suggest the JW Player 7 player plugin ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-jw-player-7.html )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben Russell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds