Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

COM_SERMONSPEAKER_PLAYER_DEPRECATED

• G Douglas Shiell
  • G Douglas Shiell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Mar 2016 18:36 #5966 by G Douglas Shiell
Replied by G Douglas Shiell on topic COM_SERMONSPEAKER_PLAYER_DEPRECATED
I uninstalled all the Sermonspeaker files and reinstalled the 5.4.6 pkg file... I still get the same result...the drop down list remains as it was, and despite installing JW Player 7, it does not appear in the list either.

Douglas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2016 23:30 #5967 by Thomas Hunziker
The JW Player 7 plugin will not show up in that list because it's a plugin based player and not part of the component like the other (deprecated) players.
I have honestly no clue why the "- Use Plugin -" option doesn't show for you. It certainly should as it comes straight from the form definition file.

• G Douglas Shiell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Mar 2016 18:20 #5976 by G Douglas Shiell
My apologies... it is there, but it appears in the drop down as "COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_PLAYER_OPTION_USE_PLUGIN"
which just displays the first few letters, and does not get to "use plugin"!

I suspect that this is a language setting problem that I have missed, because there are similar strings elsewhere which start "COM_SERMONSPEAKER...."

I have set Sermon Speaker to use the plugin... now I have to work out why it shows only some of the sermon videos and not all!

More
25 Mar 2016 20:14 #5977 by Thomas Hunziker
That sounds like you have an outdated language pack installed. Try uninstalling the language pack for SermonSpeaker if you have one. In most cases you don't need that. The files are already included with SermonSpeaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: G Douglas Shiell

• G Douglas Shiell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Mar 2016 18:59 #5981 by G Douglas Shiell
Thanx, Thomas... after a bit of fiddling (disabling ALL player plugins except JW Player 7 finally got audio and video working)... it appears that one of the other plugins need Flash, and would not let JW Player run. I have uninstalled Flash following widespread advice in the press.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds