Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes question about audio and video podcasts

More
01 Jan 2016 17:08 #5750 by Bill Teague
I have a church who will be posting the audio AND video of their services to SermonSpeaker. This is my first venture into video on SermonSpeaker. I see that you can have the audio and video posted to the same Sermon record, and the sermon page does a nice job of offering the option to play either. If I do post both to a sermon, does the interface with iTunes provide links to the audio AND video? Or would I have to post the audio and video as two separate Sermon records?

I've looked at iTunes and see that it can show both for the same event (see attached image. I can choose to play the video or audio).

Thanks, and happy new year!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2016 21:23 #5752 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker itself is capable of showing both the audio and video as you saw.
iTunes however can't do that. What they did in "The Expanse" is that they just created two podcast items, one for audio and one for video. You can do that as well in SermonSpeaker. But it's not that nice to create two Sermons, one for audio and one for video.

What you can do however is create two podcasts, one for audio and one for video. For that, you need to create two (hidden, if needed) menu items for a podcast where you set the type to video and audio respectively. Then the podcast will be filtered by the respective type and you get to have a videocast and an audiocast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds