Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Orphan file tool use on Amazon S3 files

More
04 Dec 2015 15:36 #5706 by Julie Tillman
My sermon files are stored in Amazon S3.
When I use the Orphan File tool, it tries to look in the files on my webhost instead of Amazon S3.
Is it possible to use this tool on files stored in S3?

(screenshot attached)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2015 16:24 #5708 by Thomas Hunziker
Good question. I may be able to compare the list, but I'm not sure if the other features are possible (like deleting the file).

More
04 Dec 2015 16:33 #5709 by Julie Tillman
It would be useful even if it can't do the delete step. I'm not going to allow this particular connection to S3 delete anyway.
But since I'm not allowing the user to delete, it becomes more important for me to ferret out files that are not attached to a sermon entry; because I'll be paying for storing them, but never using them.

Thank you for considering!

More
04 Dec 2015 22:36 #5710 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try the attached version? It should fix both the ordering of Amazon S3 and adds orphaned files from there.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...-6-7.zip
File Size:3,914 KB
Attachments:

More
07 Dec 2015 14:49 #5713 by Julie Tillman
Yes! It gave me a list of orphaned sermons stored on S3. I have probably 50 files I need to clean out.

The sorting still shows the oldest sermons at the top (instead of the newest/most recent sermons at the top). Do I need to configure something?

One other thought for a future improvement, don't allow sermons with a space in their name to be added to a sermon record (or throw up a warning telling the user they're using a sermon link that won't play on the website since it has spaces).

Thank you so much for the update to let me find the orphaned files; no way I would have ever found them otherwise! :)
Attachments:

More
07 Dec 2015 19:02 #5717 by Thomas Hunziker
The sorting should show the newest uploaded files first. It does the sorting by the "Latest Modified" filedate from Amazon S3.

As for the space in the file name. If you upload the file using SermonSpeaker, spaces will be removed from the filename together with some other unsafe characters.
I don't think it shows a warning because Joomla itself thinks it's a safe character. But if you have real unsafe characters in the filename, a warning will appear when you safe the sermon.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds