Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

sermon list for each speaker -> sorry cant find

More
02 Dec 2015 19:00 #5698 by martin
Hi

I am tidying things up from a J2.5 to j3 upgrade and I have have two issues

1. If I select 'all sermons' on my home page then click on a category I have just created I get an error 500

2. If I select 'all sermons' on my home page and then select a speaker such as simon austen - I get a 'sorry cant find any' message.
BUT If I select Resources>sermons & talks from the main menu and select the same speaker I do get a list of his sermons. I cant figure out why the list is missing from the one link but not from the other

These things are usually obvious but I'm struggling with this one

Any ideas gratefully received - I have only upgraded this site from J2.5 to J3.4.5 this week
SS module is 5.4.6 - I think I was already on 5 before the upgrade if that makes sense.

Martin

www.stleonards.church

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2015 23:00 #5699 by Thomas Hunziker
1) The error message says "Layout tableless not found". This is because that particular layout (tableless) doesn't exist anymore in SermonSpeaker 5.x. You need to go to the SermonSpeaker options, the "Layouts" tab and select the layout you want there. Saving the options should fix that.

2) That's probably because some filtering is set in one of the menu items, or because the SermonSpeaker options aren't saved yet. I would anyway suggest that you check the module settings. There is a parameter where you can select a menu item that should be used for the links. If auto doesn't work well, you can specify the "Sermons & Talks" menu item there. That likely will fix the issue as well.

More
03 Dec 2015 01:37 #5700 by martin
Thank you very much - both problems solved

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds