Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Front End Upload Help

More
15 Aug 2015 02:37 #5468 by Jonathan Steele
I am getting an error when trying to upload through the front end:

Error #-200: HTTP Error.

Uploads through the back-end work fine.

The website address is: www.crossridgesherwood.com/

I am running:
Joomla! 3.4.1
php version: 5.4.43
SermonSpeaker 5.4.5

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2015 13:26 #5469 by Thomas Hunziker
Make sure to enable the error reporting in Joomla (maximum or development) and then check the server log files. You may need to check with your hoster if you don't have access to those logs.
You can also try updating Joomla to the latest version, which currently would be 3.4.3 ( www.joomla.org/download.html ). However I doubt that will fix this.

It may be a conflicting plugin or so, you could try to disable all non-core plugins and see if that solves it, then try enabling one by one to see which one breaks it. It would be a system plugin most likely.

More
12 Oct 2015 06:06 - 12 Oct 2015 06:12 #5569 by Neil Zampella
Replied by Neil Zampella on topic Front End Upload Help
Thomas,

I have one client having the same issue,
SermonSpeaker: v 5.4.6
Joomla: 3.4.4
MySql: 5.5.42
PHP: v5.4.43

Here's the pertinent error messages from the error_log from the time of the attempted upload:

[11-Oct-2015 21:08:27 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: scripture in /home/newhopenorwin/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/controllers/frontendupload.php on line 250

[11-Oct-2015 21:25:52 America/New_York] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SermonspeakerControllerFrontendupload::postSaveHook() should be compatible with JControllerForm::postSaveHook(JModelLegacy $model, $validData = Array) in /home/newhopenorwin/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/controllers/frontendupload.php on line 18
[11-Oct-2015 21:35:26 America/New_York] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SermonspeakerControllerFrontendupload::postSaveHook() should be compatible with JControllerForm::postSaveHook(JModelLegacy $model, $validData = Array) in /home/newhopenorwin/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/controllers/frontendupload.php on line 18
[11-Oct-2015 21:35:47 America/New_York] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SermonspeakerControllerFrontendupload::postSaveHook() should be compatible with JControllerForm::postSaveHook(JModelLegacy $model, $validData = Array) in /home/newhopenorwin/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/controllers/frontendupload.php on line 18

Hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2015 06:12 by Neil Zampella.

More
12 Oct 2015 10:20 #5570 by Thomas Hunziker
The messages shouldn't break the code by itself since they are only "notices" and "strict errors". They just indicate bad code B)
If you have error reporting disabled (as you should on a productive server) those should not create any issues at all. If error reporting is enabled, they may produce output which breaks the AJAX response.

I have fixed the code so the messages should not be generated anymore with the next release. In the meantime just try with disabled error reporting.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds