Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Vimeo

More
05 Aug 2015 23:49 #5447 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Vimeo

Richard Moeller wrote: The Player is set to JW Player 5. I have set error reporting to either Development or Maximum but nothing shows in the form. Do you know where I can check my server error log file? Would these be PHP or SQL errors?

Those would be PHP errors. If you don't know where those logs are saved, you may have to ask your hoster for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2015 23:02 #5448 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Vimeo
Andrei Chernyshev, there isn't a php.ini file in my admin folder.

Thomas, I'm getting no errors related to your component. Any other ideas?

More
06 Aug 2015 23:05 #5449 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Vimeo
you can create php.ini file and drop it in any folder on the site.

More
06 Aug 2015 23:16 #5450 by Thomas Hunziker

Richard Moeller wrote: Thomas, I'm getting no errors related to your component. Any other ideas?

Hard to say without access to the site. Did you try with another user? I tried with "andymartin" and it worked fine.

More
07 Aug 2015 00:08 #5451 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Vimeo
I created another user with nothing different. A couple of things: First, would there be any advantage to reinstalling the component? Earlier in the week I did update Joomla and Sermon Speaker to the newest version. Second, is there some way to get an XML list of my Vineo videos and I could setup the External Server for videofiles Mode?

More
07 Aug 2015 08:04 #5452 by Thomas Hunziker
You can try installing SermonSpeaker again over the existing installation (only uninstall first when you don't need the data anymore). However I doubt it will help. If the installation is corrupt, usually the whole thing explodes :)

The external server thing would probably have the exact same issue. The Vimeo code just checks an API out from Vimeo, which is similar to an XML file. Somehow that doesn't work on your server but if there are no errors logged I can't help you much figuring it out.
Best bet would be to ask your hoster, he should be able to tell you what goes wrong.

What I don't understand is why the Vimeo video doesn't work even when you have put the URL in manually. That should work always. Except if you use an URL with "https://" (I need to add those checks as it looks). The URL either has to start with " vimeo.com " or " player.vimeo.com "

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds