Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Player needs JavaScript turned on.

More
02 Mar 2015 02:16 #5114 by Reinhardt Tonn
I just upgraded to Joomla 3.4 and SermonSpeaker 5.2.3.

1st problem: If you go to the site where all of our sermons are presented ( edmontonsouthsda.org/index.php/resources...sermon-audio/sermons ) , the message "Player needs JavaScript turned on." appears and we are unable to play sermons.

2nd problem: If you jump to the 3rd page the player appears. If you click on "page 1 or start" navigation link it won't transition back to the first page.

Any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2015 12:31 #5115 by Thomas Hunziker
The first issue looks like a JavaScript error. Can you check with a different player like JW Player 5 or Flowplayer? Maybe I have an error in the JW6 one.

It looks like it's coming from the sermons "God's Way Of Education" and "Celebrating The Lord's Supper". Looks like the apostrophe in the filename breaks the player. Try renaming the files and avoid characters which aren't safe in an URL.

The second issue should be fixed with Joomla 3.4.0. It was a known bug in Joomla 3.3.6. However I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Maybe the template or some caching does something funny? The pagination links to the first page should contain "&limitstart=0" in the URL, and this is missing in your case.
Since SermonSpeaker just uses default Joomla pagination, I suspect some 3rd party extension there.

More
08 Mar 2015 14:33 #5132 by Beth
I also get message that jajvscript needs to be turned on with jwplayer 5 or 6 and unsupported video format with flowplayer and the files I am using are just mp3, with html 5 player I get message of player does not support playlists. I am using joomla 3.3.6 and so far with different players even using html 5 I cannot play file from player in borwser on andrioid phone or ipad but can download and play it fine on both devices and download on ipad actually plays audio file

More
08 Mar 2015 16:18 #5133 by Reinhardt Tonn
You were correct. I removed the apostrophes that one of our sermon administrators had introduced. That solved the player issue. I also thought I was at the latest version of Joomla, but did a refresh to Joomla 3.4 just to be sure and the navigation issues also went away.

Thank-you so much ... you can consider this issue resolved!

More
08 Mar 2015 18:36 #5134 by Thomas Hunziker

Beth wrote: I also get message that jajvscript needs to be turned on with jwplayer 5 or 6 and unsupported video format with flowplayer and the files I am using are just mp3, with html 5 player I get message of player does not support playlists. I am using joomla 3.3.6 and so far with different players even using html 5 I cannot play file from player in borwser on andrioid phone or ipad but can download and play it fine on both devices and download on ipad actually plays audio file

Usually, that means that there is a JavaScript conflict on the page, or one of the filenames has an invalid characters like an apostrophe in it. I have to check the site to see what is the case.

More
08 Mar 2015 21:01 #5135 by Beth
I did miss that I had not corrected one file name and once I did that then on pc I did not get message java script not loaded. I will now test on mobile devices

Thank you and I did look to see what other javascript was running on page and etc

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds