Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

ID problems?

More
17 Feb 2015 11:24 #5068 by Rui Domingues
ID problems? was created by Rui Domingues
Hi there,

I have just paid for an external firm to upgrade my church's Joomla site from 1.5 to 3.3.6. We have SermonSpeaker 5.2 installed, but are starting to get some weird things happen.

Firstly, I set up a new sermon and it doesn't appear on the list of sermons. Sometimes, when a new sermon is set up, the details appear against another, recent sermon. I've noticed that the sermons that are conflicting share the same ID ref (i.e. "0"). Before the upgrade, sermon ids were automatically assigned, so I wonder if this is the issue?

Is there something import to do when migrating to J3.3.6/SS5.2 that we haven't done as part of the upgrade?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 12:59 #5069 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic ID problems?
How did they do the upgrade? Did they follow the explanations found here: www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/27-how-do-i-mi...rmonspeaker-4-x.html ?

To me it sounds like a wrong database table. The ID should indeed automatically assigned by the database. SermonSpeaker doesn't specify it. And there should never be an ID of 0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds