Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Cannot view newest sermons after viewing page 2

More
25 Oct 2014 15:27 #4915 by Bibbi Bryld
Hi,

I have just launched a website with SermonSpeaker, and I have added all the sermons from this year.

However, when I click on the page 2 to see the older sermons, I cannot return to page 1/the newest sermons. I am stuck on page 2 (there are only 2 pages), and I have tried very thing I can think of to go to page 1, but without any luck. The only way is to open another browser, but then I have the same problem there if I go to page 2. The problem is in Chrome, Firefox and IE.

You can view the pages on koebenhavnsfrikirke.dk/gudstjenester .

Do you know what is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2014 15:48 #4916 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, unfortunately it's a bug in the current version of Joomla.

It's fixed in the current development versions with this PR: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/4488

You cna either adjust the files yourself if you understand the diff, or you can set your Joomla installation to testing and get the latest nightly build.

Or you just wait for Joomla 3.3.7 or 3.4.0 (whatever comes first).

More
30 Oct 2014 07:09 #4918 by Devin Smoot
I came over to post about this same issue and see that its already covered. Thanks for the response Thomas.

More
30 Oct 2014 14:46 #4919 by Bibbi Bryld
Thanks for your reply. However, I do not understand much of it. Mayby I am not nerded enough! :)

What do you mean by PR?
How can I set my Joomla to testing? The site is alive an kicking.

Maybe I should just hope that 3.3.7/3.4 is released quite soon.

More
30 Oct 2014 22:59 #4920 by Thomas Hunziker
He sorry for that :-)

A PR means a "Pull Request". It means someone has proposed a bugfix for that issue already.
That PR is already "merged" which means that it was accepted and will be included in the next version.

If you look at the options in your "Joomla Update" extension, there is a setting for "Testing". This would allow you to update to the current development version (where this issue is fixed). Joomla generates a nightly build each day. The primary use is for testing, but they can also be used for a live site. The packages are considered "stable".
You can also download them here: developer.joomla.org/cms-packages/

I would of course recommend to make an backup prior to the update. You should do that anyway always. But I don't do that myself, so follow the word of the preacher and not his actions :D

Speaking about 3.3.7/3.4.0 with a bit inside knowledge. Chances are high that there will be no 3.3.7. A 3.4.0 beta should be made available soon and I would expect a few weeks between first beta and the official release. So don't expect a release in the next two weeks for sure.

More
11 Nov 2014 20:31 #4926 by Bibbi Bryld
Thanks for your elaboration.

I have updated the site to 3.3.7-dev, however, it did not solve the problem. So I will wait for 3.4 and see if this will be better.

As to backup, you cannot backup often enough! I have made it a habit of backing up the sites every time I have done som work on them with a notice of what I have done, so I can always keep a track of my work.

Thanks for your assistance.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds