Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

filter-menu sermons list

More
09 Oct 2014 09:54 #4890 by panagiotis kostoulidis
hi I just installed sermonspeaker
I cant find how to put the filters in the sermon filter search.it has only two filters ''select month'',''year''. Is it posible to put filter for Speaker,Series,categories, ?

a second problem is in the menu sermons list
it says ''this view shows all sermons'' but in the options you must choose one category. to see all sermons I must put them in one category and make subcategories but in the table view of sermons in the category column it shows only the main category

thank for the great Component

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2014 11:07 #4891 by Thomas Hunziker
Currently, it is not possible to add filters for speaker, series or categories. The reason is, you can show those information on the page and they will be linked. Clicking on the speaker name for example will then bring you on a new page which will be filtered by this speaker.
I favoured this way over having to many filter dropdowns.

For the second problem loook in the SermonSpeaker options, in the "Category" tab. There is an option to "Include Subcategories" where you can specify if all subcategories should be included or how deep they should be included. Change it to "All" and the list will contain all your sermons.
You can also tell SermonSpeaker to show links (and descriptions) for the subcategories. This then allows to navigate through the category tree.

More
10 Oct 2014 12:14 #4893 by panagiotis kostoulidis
thank you for the second problem
for the first
Im trying to make a site with sermons but not only
of one church.I will have many speakers,categories and series.
it is a large number of sermons.there must be a advance search of them with filters. this component is special for this because it has both audio and video in the sermon. but without advance search it is difficult. in the beggining I looked for catalogs-libraries componets which have advance search but they dont have both players.
do you have in your mind to make a modude of advance search with filters?
in that way you will not have the filters in the listing table-page

thank you

More
10 Oct 2014 15:40 #4894 by Thomas Hunziker
Yesterday I added support in the model so it's able to be filtered by speaker and series if requested by the form. See www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/sermonspeake...ort/2745-filter.html .

So technically it is now only a matter of a clever UI.

An advanced search module would be an idea. It's probably a bit more complex to do but certainly should be possible.

Personally I was thinking more along the way of how it's done in the article manager in the backend. By default only the search box is visible but by clicking on a button you can get all the advanced filter dropdowns. Then it doesn't matter how many dropdowns there are.

What do you think?

More
10 Oct 2014 18:52 #4895 by panagiotis kostoulidis
your thought looks much easier and better. a module could be a helpful tool published in all pages left or right either you are in a sigle sermon page or in a list,table view. both could be useful. we thank you in advance for your time.

I installed the com_sermonspeaker_2014-10-09 you sent me but unfortunately it says I need the 3.3.3 version. I have the 3.2.7 because the php of my server cant use the 3.3.3
could you please make it for the 3.2 version?

More
10 Oct 2014 20:30 #4896 by Thomas Hunziker
I will not do anything for Joomla 3.2 anymore. Sorry.

You should instead look into upgrading your PHP version till end of this month. Joomla 3.2.x will no longer receive any updates anymore after end of october. Also your PHP version is at least two and a half year old and the whole PHP 5.3 series is end of life already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panagiotis kostoulidis

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds