Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problems with sermon player with version 5.2.3

More
30 Sep 2014 11:00 #4873 by William Osborn
I have a site running SermonSpeaker 5.2.3, on Joomla 3.3.4. The sermons play just fine on the detail page, as well as on the pop-up player, when viewed on a laptop. (player is JW Player 5). However, on an android phone, if autoplay is on, the sermon will not play on either the detail page or the pop-up player; if autoplay is off, it won't play on the detail page, but does play on the pop-up player.

I have a second site, on the same server, with Sermon Speaker, and I tested it on the same phone, works fine. I then compared the options settings on both sites, and they are identical (detail page, player settings), to the one that is not working. The difference is that this second site where it is working properly is running 5.2.2 on Joomla 3.3.3; I haven't updated the Joomla version, and the corresponding SermonSpeaker version. I am hesitant to upgrade this second site for fear of creating the same problem that I have on the first site.

Site where the problem is (first site): baja.golgota.hu/ (5.2.3, joomla 3.3.4)
Site where it is working fine: vac.golgota.hu/

both sites have the Latest Sermon module on the front page.

Thanks for all your help,

Bill Osborn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2014 17:06 #4874 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm in holidays currently and thus not able to have a deeper look at the site.

However if it works on a laptop but not on an Android phone, it's likely not related to the SermonSpeaker version. I didn't change much between the two versions mentioned.

I can have a closer look next week when I'm back at my computer.

More
05 Oct 2014 13:51 #4881 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi William

I'm back from holidays now and wanted to have a look at your sites. But the second one gives me "An error occured". So you likely have a bigger issue there.

Also can you try updating to Joomla 3.3.6? There were some issues with 3.3.4. Maybe that solves your problem?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds