Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Error - jwplayer is not defined

More
21 Aug 2014 19:44 #4785 by Vernon Zehr
We are Joomla web designers who created a site for a church client. The SermonSpeaker component was not installed by use but researched and installed by the client. We then have been updating as we moved through several different joomla versions (1.5 - 1.6 - 2.5 current). I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge of the functioning of the SS component but it seems to work flawlessly for our client.

Basically the code inspector shows an error that "jwplayer is not defined". That is where I started my search for a solution. I then noticed on the page of sermon "lists" that the player itself wasn't loading and I was getting an error: "Player needs JavaScript turned on."

www.calvarymemorialchurch.org/listen-online/sermons/2014/0

The error was "breaking" the "play" button on list pages. Clicking play did nothing.
For a temporary fix, I set the "play" icon to use the pop-up player. (This is a temporary fix because we still see the error code on the list page and also have the errors of broken js in the page source.)

Not sure but this may have just started happening recently or it could have been happening since a recent joomla update. Clients often don't notice problems right away to tell us so it's hard to pin point a specific time that the problem started.

The only changes recently were a Joomla update to 2.5.24, and updating some other security components that were already installed and running.

We have the most recent version of SermonSpeaker v4x installed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2014 20:39 - 21 Aug 2014 20:40 #4786 by Andrei Chernyshev
It looks like you are using some kind of caching program try turning it off.
Code:
<script src="/cache/template/js.php?id=c1a3dc45e85af2fc79534adcadbdf091" type="text/javascript"></script>
i'm seeing that is missing in your code.
Code:
<script src="/media/com_sermonspeaker/player/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Last edit: 21 Aug 2014 20:40 by Andrei Chernyshev.

More
21 Aug 2014 20:49 #4787 by Andrei Chernyshev
Youtheme makes nice templates but some features are causing issues sometimes, there is a setting to optimize and compress in themplate settings. try turning it off. and if you need to optimize and compress css/javaScript use JCH_OPtimize

More
21 Aug 2014 20:58 #4788 by Vernon Zehr
Turning off cache in template solved it.

More
21 Aug 2014 21:06 - 21 Aug 2014 21:07 #4789 by Andrei Chernyshev
Great, with JCH_Optimize (free or paid) and Joomla cache, and .htaccess modfications you can accomplish samething.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2014 21:07 by Andrei Chernyshev.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds