Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Server (IO) error on upload attempt

More
21 Aug 2014 04:58 #4782 by Devin Smoot
I recently restored a server from backups after the base server operating system needed a fresh install to update properly. After getting the server back up and running and installing Joomla and the rest of the server a few minor hiccups were experienced but that was mostly due to Joomla's recent update to 3.3.3. Those issues were worked out. Then I moved forward with bringing our SermonSpeaker back online and everything was just as I had left it. I went to upload a new sermon and bam.... server (IO) error...

Since I had just recently began using SermonSpeaker I only had a few sermons as we are going back and putting in our previous sermons that had all been burned to CD. This requires ripping them and then uploading them. So I uninstalled SermonSpeaker and reinstalled it. Re-entered all my settings and get everything lined out. Start to upload and same error, server (IO) error. I don't see an issue in any logs that is giving me any direction to look on this one. I searched these forums and Google with no leads.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2014 14:15 #4783 by Devin Smoot
Ok so it appears to be a Firefox issue. Switched over to IE and it uploaded just fine. Not an issue. At least I have a work-around. Thanks Thomas for the great extension. Also I had emailed you recently about "Physical Media Request" I am looking into building a form on ChronoForms and I will post here if I accomplish what I want. Thanks again!

More
21 Aug 2014 14:53 #4784 by Thomas Hunziker
Interesting.
I just tried it with Firefox as well (don't use that usually) and it worked fine for me. At least from backend. I didn't try in frontend.

More
30 Oct 2014 07:07 #4917 by Devin Smoot
Thomas,
As a follow up on this, I don't have a link to support it but the issue is the same. Ok when using SSL with Firefox the "Install from Web" will not work under Extension Manager. This is nothing related to SermonSpeaker but the same underlying issue is causing the Server (IO) error on upload. I have been using Internet Explorer and have gotten a good chunk of our sermons up under that. Thanks for the help and I just wanted to follow up in case someone else runs into this.

Devin

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds