Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

SQL issue

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Aug 2014 13:06 #4745 by Richard
SQL issue was created by Richard
When I try to load Sermon Speaker the latest version new from scratch the load fails no tables are created in the DB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2014 15:56 #4746 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic SQL issue
Did you try to install SermonSpeaker into a fresh Joomla site? Or was SermonSpeaker already once installed there? If SermonSpeaker wasn't properly uninstalled, this may happen.
Joomla automatically detects if it's an install, update or discover installation. The tables are only created during the installation process, not during an update.

Also, SermonSpeaker only works with MySQL databases. There is no support for MSSQL or Postgres.

You can try to uninstall SermonSpeaker and install it again. That should help to tell Joomla it's a fresh install.

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Aug 2014 23:10 #4747 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic SQL issue
It was a fresh install. But I did find that I am running MYSQLi does that make a difference with your SQL script

More
07 Aug 2014 07:48 #4748 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic SQL issue
MySQli is fine. It's basically the same as MySQL, just newer :)

Can you turn on error reporting in the Joomla Global Configuration and set it to maximum? Then try to uninstall SermonSpeaker and install it again. Make sure you are running Joomla 3.3.3 and use SermonSpeaker 5.2.2 ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/sermonspe...onspeaker-zip-2.html )

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds