Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

5.1.2 to 5.2.2 update crashed sermonspeaker

More
07 Aug 2014 19:23 #4749 by Johnny Fowler
I updated to Joomla 3.3.3 and the site says to load the new 5.2.2. This time I downloaded and installed the zip and it would not work with the Joomla 3.3.3 template I have. I reinstalled 5.1.2, delete cache and everything starts working. I tried installing the plugin to get the search engine to work with sermonspeaker, but with no success. I guess I might have to install another search module and not use the Joomla default search.
Do you have a suggestion?
See URL: newbeginningokc.org/on-line-audio/all-se...sermons?limitstart=0

Also, I noticed the DATE column in the sermonspeaker table automatically sorts by the date of the mp3 file and not the date of the sermon.
Can you help on this too?
:huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2014 20:06 #4750 by Thomas Hunziker
Which one of the search plugins are you using? Joomla comes with two types of searches. One is called "Search" and the other "Smart Search" (or "Finder"). There are SermonSpeaker plugins for both types.
Did you get an error message?

As for the sorting: SermonSpeaker doesn't sort by the date of the mp3 files. The default sorting is by "ordering", but you can set it to "Date" or "Title" in the global SermonSpeaker options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny Fowler

More
07 Aug 2014 20:58 #4751 by Johnny Fowler
Boy do I feel like a dummy sometimes. You were patient with me and solved both the Search issue (I had setup Joomla for the "Finder" and not the "Search". Setting to "Search and it worked great.
Also, I set the default sorting to "Date" and it worked great too. Great help.
Thank You very very much...

More
07 Aug 2014 21:15 #4752 by Thomas Hunziker

More
07 Aug 2014 23:21 #4753 by Johnny Fowler
Well the search worked good but when I try to add a new series I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'FinderIndexerAdapter' not found in /home4/newbegin/public_html/plugins/finder/sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker.php on line 18

Do I have the wrong search plugin?

More
07 Aug 2014 23:33 #4754 by Johnny Fowler
Using SermonSpeaker 5.1.2 Component and plugin 5.01.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds