Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

tracking iTunes downloads

More
01 Apr 2014 08:34 #4455 by The Journey
We use GoDaddy for our domain and for some reason they don't believe that statics should be part of their basic package so I was looking at a way to track the data from itunes so we could tell what files are being downloaded. It seemed from the Feed file if I was to input the code "onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/file_name.file_extension')" and Google Analyctics would track file downloads is this the best way to accomplish this or does anyone have another idea. If this works I wouldn't mind also throwing the code in for tracking the other files like under additional files, mp3, and video also but I'm not real sure where to modify the code?

Thanx
www.JourneyBoise.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2014 09:01 #4456 by Thomas Hunziker
The feed itself is an XML file consumed by a feed reader program like iTunes. You can't run JavaScript in those programs, thus any tracking using Google Analytics will fail.

The only possible tracking would be if we don't show the real file in the feed enclosure but hide it behind a proxy function. For example like the download function on the website.
iTunes however doesn't like that, they prefer direct links to the files. You need for example the correct file ending in the link (eg link needs to end with ".mp3").

More
09 Apr 2014 22:59 #4470 by Andrei Chernyshev
Why don't you use feedburner, this will allow you to update sermon speaker feeds, track clicks, views, downloads and make any other modifications without having to do any extra setups.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds