Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Migration Issues

More
11 Nov 2013 16:53 #4057 by dilby
Migration Issues was created by dilby
Hello -

I'm currently trying to migrate data from an old website (Joomla 1.5 and Sermon Speaker 3.2.2)

to a new one (Joomla 3.1.5 and Sermon Speaker 5.0.3)

I've gone through the migration instructions, but anything I do doesn't work and I was hoping someone could help me out with the best method and some clear pointers. I'd like to know if there's a way to use the upgrade method as it seems to involve the manual side of things less, and I tried getting stuck into phpmyadmin and it's confusing me!

I tried the 'upgrade' link which goes to 'RedMigrator' so I'm assuming that it's been bought etc? At either rate I installed that and went to copy it across and I have two options: restful api (which i can't use as the plugin is not supported on the old site) - so I'm left with the database method.

Within this option I can choose which parts of the database I import - such as contacts, banners and content. However there's no option for sermon speaker - do I need a separate plugin for this or does the sermon speaker data get lumped in with the general 'content' option?

Many thanks, and apologies for my short comings!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2013 19:40 #4058 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Migration Issues
First, unfortunately there is no direct update path from SermonSpeaker 3 to SermonSpeaker 5. You need to go to SermonSpeaker 4.5 first like described in the FAQ . After the migration is done, you can update to SermonSpeaker 5.x using the Joomla one-click updater without any problems.

You can ignore the jUpgrade thing. They did refactor the whole thing and I really don't feel like reading through their documentation again to see how they support (or don't) 3rd party extensions. I think it never really worked well anyway for 3rd parties.
So use it for the core if you like, but for SermonSpeaker use the manual migration like described in the FAQ.

On a sidenote: You should update to Joomla 3.2 ;-)

If you need assistance with the migration, I can help you. But you need to provide me a super user login and if possible access to phpMyAdmin (it also works without, but I have to install an extension in your Joomla backend then). Of course don't post those here but email me at bakual@bakual.ch or use the contact form for that.

More
18 Nov 2013 13:58 #4088 by dilby
Replied by dilby on topic Migration Issues
sorry for the late reply and thanks for the reply and kind offer! I've sent you an email :)

More
19 Nov 2013 01:49 #4089 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Migration Issues
Hi

I am also trying to migrate our site from 1.5 to 2.5. We have sermonspeaker version 3.4.4 and I have used SP Upgrade to migrate the core files but can't get the sermons over.

Are you able to help me with this?

Thank You
Justin

More
19 Nov 2013 07:55 #4090 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Migration Issues
Did you have a look at www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/27-how-do-i-mi...rmonspeaker-4-x.html ?

If you want me to do that I need access to your phpMyAdmin and Joomla Backend. Mail me using bakual@bakual.ch.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds