Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

sermon Cast setup?

More
02 Jul 2013 09:19 #3636 by erion
Replied by erion on topic sermon Cast setup?
I'm using SermonSpeaker 4.5.x (I can't see the last version number). I'm assuming it's the latest one because it normally updates itself. I'm on Joomla 2.5.11.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2013 10:00 #3637 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic sermon Cast setup?
You could check the exact version number in your extension manager :-)

But it's strange anyway. If you look at the sourcecode of your empty feed, you see a generator tag stating "SermonSpeaker 4.3". If you indeed have installed SermonSpeaker 4.5.x it should be "SermonSpeaker 4.5".
This generator tag is created in the layout file itself found in /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/feed/tmpl/default.php.

Apparently this file (and maybe others as well) wasn't properly replaced during the update for some reason.

Can you try installing SermonSpeaker 4.5.4 again over your existing installation (without uninstalling first!)?. Please watch for any errors during installation. Try again after that.
If that doesn't help, you maybe want to copy the files manually using FTP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erion

More
02 Jul 2013 11:10 #3638 by erion
Replied by erion on topic sermon Cast setup?
It all makes sense now. The problem was caused by the fact I have overridden SermonSpeaker's component in my template and I had forgotten to update the default.php file for the feed view. It all works now.
Thanks.

God bless!

More
02 Jul 2013 12:05 #3639 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic sermon Cast setup?
Aye, that makes sense :-)

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds