Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SermonSpeaker files above Joomla Root

More
25 Aug 2011 21:25 #957 by Ryan Faircloth
Is it possible to move the sermon speaker directory outside of the web directory so that downloads can't be direct linked?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 23:13 #960 by Thomas Hunziker
The sermons always need to be accessible as a valid URL.
You can have them on a different server, but not outside of a web directory.

The Flash player would not work if the file wasn't accessible by the clients browser.
Also almost all file functions use the Joomla file libraries, which only access files within the Joomla root.
The download function itself would maybe work, as it uses direct PHP functions. But I never tested this and I'm not even sure if you could enter a sermon path relative to the Joomla root :-)

More
26 Aug 2011 04:03 #962 by Ryan Faircloth
Thanks I'm a .net guy I can do that in IIS but it makes sense why that would not work here

More
26 Aug 2011 08:43 #964 by Thomas Hunziker
The main reason maybe is: This is a component to publish sermons. Why would you want to hide this sermons? If they shouldn't be accessible in the web, just don't store them on the web.

But maybe I miss something, I'm mainly thinking from my own view. :-)

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds