Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Help implementing on our church site

More
09 Jul 2011 17:15 #753 by Bill Richards
Hello,
We are testing SermonSpeaker on our joomla demo site before setting up our new site and I am really impressed with some of the functionality! However, we have over 500 mp3 files of past sermon messages to load and setup. Other mp3 components will read entire folders and recognize/instantiate each file, reading all of the information from the ID3 tags (including speaker name, title, and other information). Is there any way for SermonSpeaker to accomplish this? Do we have to add EACH file as a sermon (in the Sermon Manager module)? This task would make it almost impossible to build our archive using SermonSpeaker. The other components we are testing are not nearly as flexible and functional as SermonSpeaker, yet the ability to AUTOMATICALLY recognize the audio/video message files is going to be a deciding factor I am afraid.
Any suggestions on how to automate the Sermon Manager's task?
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2011 17:50 #754 by Thomas Hunziker
So far there is no bulk processing in SermonSpeaker. It's certainly something I can look into in the future but at the moment it's not there.
For now you would have to create the sermon manually (either in backend or frontend). But you can use the lookup button (magnifying glass next to the file field) to read the id3 tags, this would at least fill out some fields. If the series (album) and speakers (artist) are stored in the id3 tags, it will even look up the series and speakers in SermonSpeaker and select them if present.

If you have the informations already present in an excel file or any other electronic form, it could be adjusted to match the SermonSpeaker database and then inserted directly into the database tables. I could probably help you with this task.

More
09 Jul 2011 18:46 #755 by Bill Richards
Thank you so much for your reply. The information about the other id3 tags is helpful (we have the ability to bulk populate the tags from an Excel file that matches filename with Title, Series, Speaker, Date, etc. for our entire "database"). Yes, we may utilize your offer to help populate the databse from our Excel file......
Thank you, sir.

Bill

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds