Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Podcast Feed Problem

More
07 Jul 2011 16:02 #735 by Keith Sorbo
I am having problems with the xml feed generated by clicking either the Feed or iTunes button. Firefox and Chrome do not interpret it as a feed.

Temporary link here:
demo16.121tools.com/index.php?option=com...monspeaker&view=feed

Neither Firefox nor Chrome recognize it as a feed. Yet, if you look at the source of the page, it looks fine. The actual xml validates correctly. Some online validators validate it as ok, others note that it is
Code:
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

I added:
Code:
header ("Content-Type:text/xml");

to the top of views/feed/tmpl/default.php, but it still comes back as text/html

Any suggestions?

Joomla 1.6.4
SS 4.1
PHP 5.3.5
IIS 7 server

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2011 18:30 #739 by Thomas Hunziker
The problem is that your feed starts with an empty line. From "feedvalidator.org":

Another common error is the inclusion of whitespace characters (spaces, tabs, newlines) before the XML Declaration. If an XML Declaration is included, it must be the first thing in the document

The question is now why there is an empty line. SermonSpeaker doesn't generate this, so it must come from either a content plugin or a system plugin. You can try disabling them and see which one is the cause. Maybe I can fix the plugin if you tell me which one it is.

More
31 Aug 2011 16:35 #1006 by Keith Sorbo
I found the issue on our server.

The offending plugin for me is:

Content Plugin - GCalendar - Next Event

Having this active places a blank line at the beginning of the xml file, which, of course, makes the xml rss feed invalid.

More
31 Aug 2011 16:45 - 31 Aug 2011 16:45 #1009 by Andrei Chernyshev
try adding this as far as you can uptop in that plugins php file.
Code:
$document = JFactory::getDocument(); $docType = $document->getType(); // only in html if ( $docType != 'html' ) { return; }
probably right after
Code:
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
this will force plug in not to execute outside of html.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2011 16:45 by Andrei Chernyshev.

More
31 Aug 2011 16:54 #1010 by Keith Sorbo
Thanks.

I posted mainly so if others had the problem, they would know where to look. We actually don't use this plugin so I disabled it!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds