Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermonspeaker and Joomla 1.6.4

More
07 Jul 2011 13:11 - 07 Jul 2011 13:13 #730 by Keith Sorbo
After trying to determine the problem in my installation which uses rocketthemes, I determined to find out which add-on was blocking sermonspeaker from accessing the jwplayer.

I installed a clean full download of joomla 1.6.4. I did nothing to the installation other than installing Sermonspeaker 4.1.

Then I accessed mysite.com/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker. (site is only accessible internally, sorry)

When I attempt to click the arrow play button, I get a javascript error "jwplayer is not defined".

Upon further investigation, I find that for some reason, the jwplayer.js script is not being loaded on my page.

However, when I manually include a reference to the jwplayer.js script, it still does not seem to find the function.

The attached index.php file is the source code of the page.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2011 13:13 by Keith Sorbo. Reason: Added missing attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2011 14:15 - 07 Jul 2011 14:18 #731 by Thomas Hunziker
The play icon can have various functions. You can set this in the general parameters for SermonSpeaker. If you decide it should control the player, then make sure to actually show the player on this particular view. This is an option in the "columns" register of those parameters.

It looks to me like you don't show the player, and thus the icon can't control it, complaining about this :-)

I now internally changed the default value of this parameter to Popup Player as it doesn't make sense and only confuses the user.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2011 14:18 by .

More
07 Jul 2011 14:21 #732 by Keith Sorbo
That does it! (We were confused when looking at the code and couldn't figure out where the playlist was written on the page.)

Perhaps some of the defaults settings or docs could clarify this.

This is a GREAT tool!

More
07 Jul 2011 14:29 #733 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm still searching for someone who does a documentation :-D
The default settings will be changed in the next release.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds