Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

deleted sermons remain in podcast list

• Nathan Reed
  • Nathan Reed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jun 2011 21:19 #646 by Nathan Reed
deleted sermons remain in podcast list was created by Nathan Reed
Looking for help on removing some unpublished and deleted test files that are no longer populating the sermon list, but for some reason remain in the podcast and rss feeds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2011 15:42 #648 by Thomas Hunziker
If a sermon shows in the RSS feed / Podcast depends on the separate toggle for "SermonCast". If you completely deleted the sermon, then it will no longer be listed anywhere. That said it could be that you trashed (not deleted!) the sermon while it was still published for SermonCast, then the sermon will still be shown in the feeds.

Also the Feed /Podcast readers may save the already downloaded episodes and then there is of course no way to delete them, as they're already on the computer of the user.

• Nathan Reed
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jun 2011 02:37 #659 by Nathan Reed
Replied by Nathan Reed on topic Re: deleted sermons remain in podcast list
Well, I trashed and then deleted, not knowing that it would make a difference... thank you for the feedback, and I won't do that again as my fix was to rebuild my (luckily small and unpublicly published as yet) library after uninstalling and reinstalling. Perhaps I didn't need to do this, but it wasn't THAT bad this time :)

More
15 Jun 2011 05:44 #662 by Thomas Hunziker
If you trashed and deleted them, then they're gone also in the feed. If you only trash them, they could remain probably in the feed (as long as its not deleted).

• Nathan Reed
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jun 2011 03:21 #681 by Nathan Reed
Well I can definitely say that they were trashed AND deleted and remained in feed. Circumstances were:

1. Test files uploaded, feed created (Sermonspeaker 4.0)
2. Test files unpublished, trashed, NOT deleted.
3. Real files uploaded, published, feed created - appropriate, no test files included (although still not deleted)
4. Updated to Sermonspeaker v4.1, Feed repopulated with trashed, non-deleted test files (as well as real files).
5. Test files deleted, remain in full feed list and podcast list, but with link errors (for obvious reasons).
6. Uninstalled, reinstalled v4.1 as seemed easiest way to remove after spending 3h trying to do so and only having a sermon list of 11 files so far. Now working great, as before.

Probably a strange circumstance, but that's my story. Anyhow, thanks a lot for your component and help!

• Nathan Reed
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jun 2011 03:25 #682 by Nathan Reed
oh yeah - also checked podcast by deleting in itunes and resubscribing after deleting files and they remained in the list. If this helps fix something, great! It's no longer a problem for me at this point.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds