Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

BUG: JWPlayer, no script in <head>

• Ben
  • Ben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 May 2011 19:49 #622 by Ben
Hello,
I am running Joomla 1.6.3.
I am having trouble with the popup player and the Sermon Page Player.
I get the 'Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on' error. I see that there is a call to jwplayer("mediaspace1").setup, but thereis no jwplayer.js in the header of the page. I have looked through the code and found a section responsible for dropping in the javascript for the player, but its not working?
From com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/view.html.php
Code:
// Add swfobject-javascript for player if needed if (in_array('sermon:player', $this->columns) || JRequest::getCmd('layout', '') == 'popup'){ if ($this->params->get('alt_player')){ $this->document->addScript(JURI::root()."components/com_sermonspeaker/media/player/audio_player/audio-player.js"); $this->document->addScriptDeclaration(' AudioPlayer.setup("'.JURI::root().'components/com_sermonspeaker/media/player/audio_player/player.swf", { width: 290, initialvolume: 100, transparentpagebg: "yes", left: "000000", lefticon: "FFFFFF" });'); } else { // $this->document->addScript(JURI::root().'components/com_sermonspeaker/media/player/jwplayer/swfobject.js'); $this->document->addScript(JURI::root().'components/com_sermonspeaker/media/player/jwplayer/jwplayer.js'); } }

Any help as to why its not embedding the script?

Thanks,
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ben
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 May 2011 19:56 - 26 May 2011 19:57 #623 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: BUG: JWPlayer, no script in <head>
Ok, I think I just learned something about Joomla and realized something. I noticed some of the other Javascripts on the page werent working and found this tag:
Code:
<script src="/cache/js-91fba594ea76ecde5e5f029e2650dcf4.php" type="text/javascript"> Failed to load source for: http://localhost/cache/js-91fba594ea76ecde5e5f029e2650dcf4.php </script>

On other pages, this 'cached' js holds all the javascript for other components as well, so I imagine Sermon Speaker is trying to add its own JScript to this cached js, but is failing somehow?

What is happening?
Last edit: 26 May 2011 19:57 by Ben.

More
26 May 2011 21:00 #625 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla by itself doesn't do such things to my knowledge. Maybe your template and/or a special component/plugin does this. Are you using any advanced template (like RokTemplates)?

More
26 May 2011 21:03 #626 by Andrei Chernyshev
it could also be jFinalizer or some other caching component, or site performance enhansing plug ins, that are doing this. i've seen them break googleMaps JavaScript and other JavaScript code.

• Ben
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 May 2011 00:31 #627 by Ben
Yes, actually, I am using a RocketTheme. I could try disabling some of the different Cache Components.

• Ben
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 May 2011 00:40 #628 by Ben
Found it. It was a plugin called System - RokGZipper.

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds