Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend Uploader behaves like uploading but isn't

• Karin
  • Karin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2011 17:30 - 25 Apr 2011 17:44 #527 by Karin
When I use the frontend uploader I begin in Step 1 (naturally). But when I browse to the file, select it, and click the Save button, it behaves like it is uploading the file, but it actually does not. The "wait" happens, but then the page stays the same and Step 2 never happens. I have a picture... but it looks just like Step 1 before I select the file.. so it's sort of pointless to show it.

Okay... wait... I just tried uploading a 5meg file and that worked... BUT Now when I complete the Step 2 form AND click the Save button it reloads the Step 2 form, says

File 'filename.mp3' successfully uploaded!

at the top of the page, BUT Step 3 Done does not open up.

:S
Last edit: 25 Apr 2011 17:44 by Karin. Reason: Many changes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2011 20:07 #531 by Thomas Hunziker
The upload may fail if the upload filesize or script runtime is rectricted by the php ini. Then the script maybe just is canceled with an error (which is logged in the apache errror logfile on the server).

Clicking the save button in step2 however should always work. Step 3 would basically only be the message that the sermon is created and offer the choice to upload another one.

Which version of SermonSpeaker are you using?

• Karin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2011 20:21 #533 by Karin
I am on a Windows Server, using PHP 5, and Joomla 1.6, and Sermon Speaker 4.0 downloaded on Feb 26, 2011.

More
26 Apr 2011 08:37 #536 by Thomas Hunziker
Are you interested in testing SermonSpeaker 4.1 (beta)?

• Karin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Apr 2011 11:05 #537 by Karin
Totally. Absolutely. I'm game. Count me in! :-)

More
26 Apr 2011 12:01 - 26 Apr 2011 12:04 #538 by Thomas Hunziker
The attached file contains the current state of SermonSpeaker 4.1.

www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/Announcement...r-41-%28Beta%29.html contains some informations about the new features.

Most things should work stable, feel free to tell me everything that seems to be broken :)

I'm waiting a bit with the release for some minor cleanups and maybe we even get a new alternative design ready for this release (which should support the new audio/video toggle feature better).
Last edit: 26 Apr 2011 12:04 by . Reason: Adding attachement

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds