Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Transfer sermon speaker data

More
23 Apr 2011 12:05 #517 by jlb4350
First i'd like to say that this component is just great, thanks so much for your time and effort to bless others with this software!!

So here's my question. I have an existing sermon speaker v3 installation on a joomla 1.5 site with tons of sermons that we've added over the past year. We are rebuilding the site on joomla 1.6 and i have the new version of sermonspeaker v4 freshly installed.

How can i transfer my data from the old install on the old site to the new without having to do it manually?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2011 14:43 #518 by Andrei Chernyshev

More
23 Apr 2011 19:41 #519 by Thomas Hunziker
What Andrei said, the post explains it over 2 pages.

Basically it is the following:
Important: Upgrade your existing SermonSpeaker to at least 3.4.2 or the migration will not work.

Migrate from SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 or 3.4.3 (Joomla 1.5)
  1. Install SermonSpeaker 4.0
  2. Copy the SermonSpeaker tables (usually jos_sermon_sermons, jos_sermon_speakers, jos_sermon_series) from your Joomla 1.5 database into your Joomla 1.6 database
  3. Install SermonSpeaker 4.0 again. This time it will check the existing tables and apply the needed changes
Warning
Unlike previous versions SermonSpeaker 4.0 will delete all SermonSpeaker database tables on first install and uninstall. This is needed for a clean uninstall and is Joomla standard. It also makes it easier for future updates to take care of database changes.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds