Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Warning while playing audio

More
06 Apr 2011 16:38 - 06 Apr 2011 16:39 #442 by Wayne Zhu
Sermon Speaker seems to call another plugin script.

Warning: Missing argument 4 for plgContentSimplepictureslideshow::onContentPrepare() in /home2/hisglor4/public_html/plugins/content/simplepictureslideshow/simplepictureslideshow.php on line 20

Warning: Missing argument 4 for plgContentSimplepictureslideshow::onContentPrepare() in /home2/hisglor4/public_html/plugins/content/simplepictureslideshow/simplepictureslideshow.php on line 20
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2011 16:39 by Wayne Zhu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2011 17:21 #443 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker processes the content plugins for the scripture and the notes field.

This warning is likely created by the Content Plugin "Simplepictureslideshow". It seems to expecting a fourth parameter (page) which should be an optional parameter ($page = 0).
You can try to deactivate said plugin and see if it solves the issue.
You can also contact its developer and ask if they know how to fix it.

You could of course also just deactivate PHP warnings ;)

The next release of SermonSpeaker will have a small change in how it's calling those plugins. Maybe this will fix it as well, not sure thought.

More
06 Apr 2011 17:31 #444 by Wayne Zhu
Thanks for your response. I used a plugin called simple slide show for displaying photos. Why does Sermon Speaker call the plugin at all?

More
07 Apr 2011 05:56 #445 by Thomas Hunziker
Because of the way Joomla handles the plugins :)

Joomla has some defined events like "onContentPrepare" which fires all plugins who are registered for this event. So if this event happens, every content plugin gets called and every content plugin will check the $text if it has anything to do.
Since SermonSpeaker supports content plugins in the notes and scripture fields, we call these event as well and thus Joomla calls each content plugin.

More
07 Apr 2011 14:35 #446 by Wayne Zhu
Thanks.

I used both sermon speaker and simple slide show in Joomla 1.5. And I found no problem at all. So far, to turn off the warning is the best way for me.

More
07 Apr 2011 16:01 - 07 Apr 2011 16:02 #447 by Thomas Hunziker
I just verified - it will be fixed with SermonSpeaker 4.1 as I use another way of calling Plugins there.

If you want to fix it in the plugin, you could change the file found in:

/plugins/content/simplepictureslideshow/simplepictureslideshow.php

Change the line #20 where it says:
Code:
public function onContentPrepare($context, &$article, &$params, $limitstart) {
to
Code:
public function onContentPrepare($context, &$article, &$params, $limitstart=0) {
and it should be fixed.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2011 16:02 by .

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds