Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend Upload Error

More
21 Mar 2011 02:34 #378 by Haig Darakjian
Hello Again,

I recently did a joomla update (through godaddy) and I think it's the cause of some trouble I just started having with frontend upload. It starts uploading the sermon file, and a few minutes later it says:

Error
Warning: Failed to move file!
An error occured…!

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2011 02:39 #379 by Haig Darakjian
I think it's the update to Joomla 1.6.1 that's causing the problem

More
21 Mar 2011 07:06 #380 by Thomas Hunziker
Nah, J1.6.1 shouldn't have any influence on this.
It's most likely that your file just is bigger than the allowed max filesize for fileuploads in your php.ini.

Check directives like "post_max_size" or "upload_max_filesize".

More
21 Mar 2011 19:34 #381 by Haig Darakjian
It can't be the file size...I even tried a 3 mb one right now and it didn't work. It's not uploading files that it used to do before.

Godaddy said something about doing the upgrade manually if I have plugins for my joomla. It might be something to do with that.

Any ideas?

More
21 Mar 2011 20:11 #382 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, maybe check the write permissions on the directory then?
Do you know if it's a Joomla error message or a PHP warning?

I think the error occurs after the file is uploaded. Then PHP has to move the file from its temporary location to the final location. The temporary location is a PHP intern location, this one is fixed and shouldn't concern you. The final location is set in the SermonSpeaker parameters, based on the sermon path and the upload path. Check if it exists and has permissions to save a file. Maybe change it to 777 just to be sure.

More
22 Mar 2011 00:39 #383 by Haig Darakjian
Ok, I think I fixed it. Somehow, in the upgrade to the new version of Joomla, the max file upload went from 20mb to 2mb.

Weird...

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds