Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermons organized by metakey?

• Zsigmond
  • Zsigmond's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Mar 2011 18:01 #340 by Zsigmond
Sermons organized by metakey? was created by Zsigmond
Hello!

How could I make a menu to list sermons after metakeys or if that can be made possible to assign multiple categories to a sermon? Im thinking on making a menu for subjects and another for conferences/special occasions, etc. which would have the same sermons, or at least most of them would overlap. Any idea to solve this problem? Can this be done yet? Is this feature under development?

Thanks,
Laci

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2011 19:09 #341 by Thomas Hunziker
You can assign a series, and a category and filter after each of it.
However you can't have multiple categories and/or series for a sermon. This would mean a substantial change to the database and will not likely be implemented.

I try to follow the idea of a Joomla content item as much as possible so I can use the Joomla Framework where it's available.

Maybe also have a look at the "related sermons" module which makes use of the metakeys.

• Zsigmond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Mar 2011 20:25 #342 by Zsigmond
Replied by Zsigmond on topic Re: Sermons organized by metakey?
Im thinking on having 5 menus for different sermon organizations, for example:
By speakers - can do with some submenus with Single Speaker: Series list
By the books of the Bible - series for books of the bible
Theological topics - categories
Conferences - out of category/series options as no sermon can be assigned to have more categories or series... so I dont see how could I put a sermon into more than 2 category of categories without actually making copies of the same sermon

I looked at related sermons, and it would be great if I could specify to it the metakey after which to list the sermons.

More
15 Mar 2011 20:38 - 15 Mar 2011 20:39 #343 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, I don't think you can do what you would like to do with the possibilities SermonSpeaker offers.

Maybe the nested categories of J1.6 would be an option, but currently they're not as good supported in SermonSpeaker. I have to look a bit closer into them sometime.

Unfortunately the way SermonSpeaker is currently built, we can also not filter by books. This would be a feature I would personally like as well, but I don't see an easy solution yet which would be backward compatible to the current version. Any good ideas in that matter are welcome :)

A module which filters after a specific metakey word would be a new module. Anyone? :)
Last edit: 15 Mar 2011 20:39 by .

• Zsigmond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Mar 2011 07:53 #347 by Zsigmond
Replied by Zsigmond on topic Re: Sermons organized by metakey?
Thanks for clarifying this. Im new in Joomla, at least dont know anything about joomla programing/modules, sorry.. And sorry that this very useful feature is missing. Is anyone up to solve this? :dry:

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds