Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Vimeo - Nothing happens

More
05 Feb 2017 03:26 #6509 by Matthew Watkins
Website where Sermon Speakers is being used : lumieredusoir.ca/villa-shalom

Using Joomla Joomla! 2.5.28

Want to be able to use my Vimeo Embed link. How is this possibe? I updated to the SermonSpeaker 4.5.8

In "Options" in the "Player" tab there is the option for "Vimeo" but nothing happens. There is no options when I add a sermon. Please help! Need this to work,need some instructions for how to add a sermon with Vimeo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2017 09:09 #6510 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Matthew

I moved this thread to the proper forum.
As you probably know, Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported for over two years already. You should really immediately upgrade to Joomla 3.6.5.
The same applies for SermonSpeaker. After upgrading your Joomla, you will be able to update SermonSpeaker to version 5.5.4.
See www.sermonspeaker.net/11-sermonspeaker/n...-joomla-2-5-eos.html for more details.

I can't give you more advice than updating to the latest versions because I honestly don't remember anymore how SermonSpeaker was supposed to work two years ago.

More
05 Feb 2017 14:49 #6511 by Matthew Watkins
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we have been warned that if we update to the newest version of Joomla it will cause catastrophic problems with the site and break it because of the Template were using. Have I been told wrong? I would love to update to Joomla 3 but never have because of this. If this is true then im stuck with Joomla 2.5 and the older version of Sermon Speaker

More
05 Feb 2017 16:57 #6512 by Thomas Hunziker
It is true that you will likely need a new template which is compatible with Joomla 3. But there are plenty of those.
Reason is that Joomla 3 is built with "Bootstrap" as the CSS framework. This framework allows each extension (eg SermonSpeaker) to use specific classes for styling which are expected to be present in each Joomla 3 template.
So if you have found a new template, chances are high you don't need to adjust anything in 3rd party extensions. They will most of the time just fit in.

However the main thing is that Joomla 2.5 is end of support and already has a few security issues that are known. If you haven't patched those vulnerabilities manually, then your site is open for attacks by hackers or it's already hacked and you don't know it.
It should be a very high priority to upgrade your site for this reason alone.

More
05 Feb 2017 18:39 - 05 Feb 2017 18:40 #6513 by Matthew Watkins
Being that our site is very complex and we spent a lot of time and money building it , finding a new template would mean redoing the entire site and that's not possible.

You advertise on your website that 4.5 has the ability to use Vimeo as the video source and that it works for Joomla 2.5
Can you please help us make this work for 2.5 so we can use a Vimeo video since this is what you advertise, thanks !
Last edit: 05 Feb 2017 18:40 by Matthew Watkins.

More
05 Feb 2017 20:18 #6514 by Thomas Hunziker

Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

I'm sorry to say, but I really don't remember anymore how it was in SermonSpeaker 4.5. I can tell you how it's done in version 5.5.4, maybe that helps as it likely was similar back then.
In the SermonSpeaker options, set the mode for videofiles to Vimeo and enter the vimeo user of your church.
In the sermon form, you can then select your vimeo video from the dropdown.
Alternatively you can insert the URL of your video manually. You need the URL similar to vimeo.com/123456789

That's it. SermonSpeaker will detect that it's a Vimeo video and load their embedded player to play it.
It doesn't work on the sermon list because that player doesn't support playlists. It can only play a single video.
That means you need links to the sermon detailpage where the video will play.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds