Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Minimum needed to keep xml feed alive WP

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Jul 2015 06:49 #5425 by stephen
Hello,
Due to the fact that I am not a joomla expert and not super creative just wondering we are switching over to wordpress is there any possible way to keep the SermonCast feed alive at all on the wordpress install?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2015 08:14 #5426 by Thomas Hunziker
If you keep the old installation parallel for some time, you can use the "iTunes: Redirect" parameter in the SermonSpeaker options to redirect the feed reader to the new place.
Otherwise you need to set up a redirect in the .htaccess file or if possible (?) within Wordpress. Since I don't know Wordpress myself, I can't help you there.

More
12 Dec 2015 12:53 #5720 by Stephen J Inserro
Hello,
Our developer was able to setup the redirect but my question is when I uninstall joomla is there a specific folder for the component that I should keep so that his programmed redirect will continue to work.

More
12 Dec 2015 13:46 #5721 by Thomas Hunziker
If you uninstall Joomla, then SermonSpeaker will no longer work even if you keep the component directory.

You will have to create a redirect using Apache itself. Mod_rewrite rules are the topic here.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds