Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermons page and alignment on the front end

More
12 Sep 2014 04:24 #4856 by Michael Friedlander
This is a great extension. I've always been helped on the forum as well. Here's another quandary. I try to have the sermons list in this order, communion, sermon, newsletter, as separate files in my archives tab on my site. Marietta-cc.org. There is one file that is misplaced, they are arranged by date. When I first go to the sermons page in the extension it is in the same order as live. When I click on the Order column to try and move the one file, they all jumble up, out of date order. Do I move the misplaced file to the same date grouping and hope for the best or do I put it in the position I want it in? Running SS4.5 on Joomla 2.5.9 with php 5.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2014 08:06 #4857 by Thomas Hunziker
You can set the default ordering to "title", "date" or "ordering" in the SermonSpeaker options.
If I understand you right, you want to order the by series? Currently this would only be possible if you manually order them in the backend and set the default ordering to "ordering".

I could add an option to sort by series, that wouldn't be a big thing to do. If it's what you want.

By the way, you should seriously consider updating your Joomla installation. We're at 2.5.24 currently and there were several security issues fixed ;)

More
12 Sep 2014 22:22 #4858 by Michael Friedlander
I'll try doing what you've suggested. About my Joomla version. In c-panel it says I'm updated to the latest version at 2.5.9 and it doesn't let me update. I might get hold of Joomla after I talk to the site owner to see if he's comfortable upgrading.

More
12 Sep 2014 23:04 #4859 by Michael Friedlander
don't I feel stupid. I went back to the sermons page and scrutinized every bit of information for the wary file. I hadn't noticed that I had dated it for 9.7. 2013 instead of 2014. everything is fine now. I did get familiar with the options pages though. thanx for the help

More
12 Sep 2014 23:14 #4860 by Thomas Hunziker
Glad you sorted it out :-)

As for the Joomla update, you can actually just download the update package and install it like any other extension using the extension manager.
The zipfile you need is joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/19...le-Patch_Package.zip
All available files are located here: joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/frs/?action=index

The Joomla Updater doesn't do much different, it just downloads the correct package for you and installs it automatically.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds