Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Audio file problem

More
02 Sep 2014 19:27 #4804 by Joy Loveday
I'm having a problem which I will attempt to explain.

When you go into the audio section of our camp website, you choose an audio file to listen to.
The small black arrow on the left (before the title of the sermon) should be the button to listen to the sermon, but you press it, and the player comes up, but when you press the player arrow, NOTHING happens.

On the other side of the title of the sermon, there is a green arrow to download the sermon, and what is happening when I press that button is that a new window opens and the sermon plays, but you can't download it.

The audio plays in google chrome and internet explorer but not in Safari or Firefox. So there is a browser issue which probably means it is a problem with Sermonspeaker, right?

Thanks for any help you can give me, as I really enjoy using Sermonspeaker. If you need to access the website, please let me know where I can send you the information. Joy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2014 22:30 #4807 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Audio file problem
For the first issue, I probably need the URL of the site to say more.

The second issue with the download button is actually simple. The browser opens the file directly instead of downloading it because it supports the media type. The player you see is then the native HTML5 browser player.
Now it may be that Safari and Firefox can't play the file for some reason (not every browser supports mp3 for example, as crazy as it sounds).
SermonSpeaker tries to trick the browser so it actually forces a download instead of directly playing the file, but that only works if the file is stored locally on the same server.

More
02 Sep 2014 22:48 #4808 by Joy Loveday
Replied by Joy Loveday on topic Audio file problem
www.mccbautista.com
Audio

All our sermon mp3's are stored on Amazon's AWS.

Thank you for your quick reply. What is confusing me is that say about 4 or 5 months ago, I had no problems with this, and now, aside from the problems I mentioned before, I've also had some folks tell me they can't listen to the sermons on their cell phones. Would this also be a browser problem?

More
03 Sep 2014 08:09 #4813 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Audio file problem
The player works fine for me. Both using the listing player and using the popup player. The only thing I saw is that it takes a few seconds till it starts (due to file being downloaded first).

The download button thing is exactly what I said. Since the file is stored on Amazon, SermonSpeaker can't read and serve it directly. SermonSpeaker just creates a direct link to the file instead and leaves it to the browser what to do with it. Rightclicking the link and select "save target as" would work.

As for cell phones: They usually don't have Flash installed, so the player will fall back to the HTML5 browser player. Now it comes down to whether the phone browser supports mp3 natively or not.

I doubt anything changed in the last half year here. It probably always was like this and you just didn't notice.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds