Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Tag format "id3v2.3" is not allowed for flv files

More
21 Apr 2014 18:18 #4509 by John Vogel
In trying to add video to a sermon, I keep getting the error message Tag format "id3v2.3" is not allowed for flv.flv - Tried updating, reformatting etc. Any help, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2014 19:22 #4511 by Thomas Hunziker
It means that you have enabled writing ID3 tags after saving (in the SermonSpeaker options) and since the flv video format doesn't support them, it fails.
However it should only be a warning and not an error. The sermon should still be saved.

More
21 Apr 2014 20:31 #4514 by John Vogel
Thank you for that very quick response! It did save the sermon, but for some reason it wasn't showing up on the Sermon List. I re-saved, then republished it and it showed up. However, When I click on the pop-up player (normally JWplayer, but I tried several), the player pops up as a very small window and stays there. If I expand the window it simply contains the sermon title, but no video seems to load or play. Is there something I have to enable or install for video streaming? Up until now we've only used audio, and that has worked well.

More
21 Apr 2014 20:51 #4516 by Thomas Hunziker
I would use mp4 files for videos, not flv. But it should work as well.
Do you have an URL where I could have a look?

More
21 Apr 2014 21:18 #4517 by John Vogel
I usually use mp4 for video in other apps, I only went with flv because of the file size. However, I can upload a larger file through our FTP account as long as it will stream smoothly. Here's the url with the flv video linked: www.highlandnaz.org/learning/sermons/ser...-service-good-friday .

John

More
21 Apr 2014 21:35 #4518 by Thomas Hunziker
Try enabling the player at least for the detailpage. See the columns tab in the SermonSpeaker options. You can enable all sort of information there.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds