Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

RSS Feed Starts with Blank Line

More
10 Apr 2014 18:16 #4471 by Klo
Our sermon RSS feed is starting with a blank line which is causing it to fail most feed validators. Any ideas what might be causing the blank line?

We're running Joomla 2.5.8 and SermonSpeaker 4.4.0 (I think). Ideally, we'd upgrade to the latest versions of each, but since I'm pretty new to Joomla and SermonSpeaker, I'm a bit hesitant to do that yet.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2014 20:00 #4476 by Thomas Hunziker
You SHOULD update as soon as possible. Which means yesterday. Joomla 2.5.x is at 2.5.19 by now, and there were several security issues fixed in between.

If you are worried about breaking your site by updating, make a backup prior to the update. You should do that anyway from time to time.
There is an excellent component available for free here: www.akeebabackup.com/

Updating SermonSpeaker is recommended as well. Go at least to 4.4.8, and if "magic quotes" is turned off on your server (which it should!) then you can go to 4.5.8.

As for your issue. This may be caused by a content or system plugin which behaves wrong.
In current SermonSpeaker versions, you can disable the plugin processing within the podcast function ("Prepare Content" in the SermonCast tab). That may help as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds