Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

trying to change a layout

More
15 Mar 2014 21:54 - 15 Mar 2014 22:01 #4414 by Jason
I'm trying to change a layout for use with vimeo videos. I've used Andrei's vimeo layout, but it makes the body so big that it pushes my module positions in left and right to unusability. The only other layout I can see that shows both audio and video at the same time is the icon layout. the problem with that is on android devices with the stock browser, it won't play the vimeo video in the popup window that it tries to load the video. I'm pretty new to all of this, but if someone could help me figure out how to make andrei's layout narrower, or add a different player to the icon layout, i'd really appreciate it. I tried following the advanced layouting guide, and have been failing miserably on both counts.

Major thanks to thomas, he's been emailing me back and forth for a couple of days, because i couldn't post in the forum. Thanks for any help!
Last edit: 15 Mar 2014 22:01 by Jason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2014 23:27 #4416 by Thomas Hunziker
Glad the forum works again for you :)

The thing with Vimeo is that it uses its own player and no other player is able to play those videos.
I think Andrei changes the whole player in his layout, switching between the JW Player and the Vimeo one when you change between Video and Audio. So it's a bit tricky.

Unfortunately I don't know the layout good enoug myself, so can't comment much here.

More
16 Mar 2014 00:35 #4417 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic trying to change a layout
Through dumb luck and trial and error, I managed to get the player going, and have it layed out almost to where I want it. The only thing I can't figure now is probably the easiest part :) The video player is sitting on the left of the module and I'd love to get it centered! Here's the link if it'd help to see it.

www.graog.com/messages/sermon/10-03-09-14

More
16 Mar 2014 09:31 #4418 by Thomas Hunziker
I think this should do the trick:
Code:
.ss-sermon-container { text-align: center; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds