Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

ordering of the sermons

More
13 Feb 2014 16:12 #4333 by egkaleo
I cannot get the ordering of the sermons working.
They appear in order of the oldest first.

In the options I choose descending order.

Regards,
Jaap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2014 16:20 #4334 by Thomas Hunziker
If you want newest first, use "date descending". The "ordering" one may produce unexpected behavior if there is no ordering set (like all set to 0).

I know I wrote a "rearrange" function to automatically order the sermons by date (I think). I just don't remember where it was in 4.5. You may have to look into the sermons list manager or the tools section.

More
13 Feb 2014 16:50 - 13 Feb 2014 17:29 #4335 by egkaleo
Replied by egkaleo on topic ordering of the sermons
I use date descending, but is has no effect ascending or descending.
The option under tools is for adjusting time, I think because of timezone issues.

When I use the picture above the date on the site, the date is ordered right (in date descending order), so this can work properly.

Regards,
Jaap
Last edit: 13 Feb 2014 17:29 by egkaleo.

More
13 Feb 2014 20:29 #4336 by Thomas Hunziker
I meant the "Rearrange" button in the sermons manager. It's there on the top right. Right beside the options button. It will set the ordering based on the sermon date.

I also just tested the ordering set in the option. It works fine for me.
Make sure you don't have caching enabled and are not logged in in frontend when checking. Both may have an influence on the ordering.

More
13 Feb 2014 21:16 #4337 by egkaleo
Replied by egkaleo on topic ordering of the sermons
I Tried this and I think it works. Perhaps the cache holds the ordering when jou click on the picture above the date.

More
13 Feb 2014 21:35 #4338 by Thomas Hunziker
The ordering will be saved in the session. That means you have to close the browser (each instance of it) to truly "reset" it.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds