Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

migrating from preachit

More
13 Feb 2014 13:05 #4325 by egkaleo
I want to migrate from preachit to sermonspeaker.
Installed sermonspeaker on my computer to test with xamp on localhost

It looks very good. Compliments for all your work!

I noticed that the import of preachit sermons to sermonspeaker fails for:
1) the reference to the speaker, this field is not filled in the sermon
2) the standard category uncategorised is not filled in the sermon
when I open a sermon category is automatically filled, but I do have 600 sermons, is there a way to fix
this quickly

Regards,
Jaap Wols

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2014 13:45 #4326 by Thomas Hunziker
It's a bit since I last tried the migration myself. It also doesn't help that the latest version 3.6 isn't free for download. So I can't really test it.

1) Maybe PreachIt changed something in the database here. I would have to see the tables to see that.
2) That one is actually easy. SermonSpeaker has batch functions included which allow you to set a category for multiple sermons with a few clicks. However it may fail if your sermons don't have an alias yet. That is because the alias has to be unique withing a category. If that's the case, the easiest way is to run some SQL commands in the database which fill the alias based on date or title. Or you just set the category in the database for all sermons and don't care about unique alias :whistle:

More
13 Feb 2014 14:41 #4327 by egkaleo
Replied by egkaleo on topic migrating from preachit
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick answer!
Point 2 is easy to solve.
My version of preachit is 3.6.22.
I can send you a dump of my preachit database tables. Which format do you prefer?

More
13 Feb 2014 15:09 #4328 by Thomas Hunziker
Send it as zipped SQL file(s) to bakual@bakual.ch. That should be easiest.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds