Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Featured sermon?

More
24 Jan 2014 16:37 - 24 Jan 2014 16:39 #4286 by K A R Wright
Hi guys
I've been hunting around for info on this but can't locate anything in searches, so hope I've just not missed it. Basically I currently have sermons from various speakers listed in Sermons List format and date order. However, I'd like to be able to pull an older one of them up to a "Featured" position so that people don't miss it, but I'm unsure if there's a way to do this?

Forgive me if this is a bit of a no-brainer question, but my brain's definitely not seeing things as it should just now :lol:

Site: Bloomfield Methodist Church
Last edit: 24 Jan 2014 16:39 by K A R Wright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 17:41 #4287 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Featured sermon?
There is no "featured" feature in SermonSpeaker.

You could create something like that manually by adding a sermon to a module or article using the SermonSpeaker content plugin ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/plugin-content.html ).

See the article here: www.sermonspeaker.net/11-sermonspeaker/n...-content-plugin.html for some examples

More
24 Jan 2014 18:43 #4288 by K A R Wright
Replied by K A R Wright on topic Featured sermon?
Appreciate your speedy response as always Thomas :), but will have to see whether that's the sort of option I'm seeking as I need to be careful how I present the sermon in question, as it was done by another minister than our own, so trying to do it in a way that's not too obvious, although that might not be possible - I might just keep changing the date on it to keep it at the top of the list instead :).

OR ultimately I might just have to give up on the notion for fear of causing problems, but hate to do that too - just have to see.

But appreciate knowing at least that it's not a "standard" feature within the program that I've just been missing.

Thanks as always. :)

More
24 Jan 2014 19:08 #4289 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Featured sermon?
By default, the list is sorted by date descending, but you could change that to ordering instead (in the SermonSpeaker options). Then could change the ordering of the sermon to keep it on top and don't have to change the date always. Maybe that helps.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds