Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Category Options per menu item?

More
09 Jan 2014 02:30 #4255 by Michael Dunkle
Is there a "Category Options" feature that like you get when you create a menu item for an Article category? I see the Options in the global tabs for SermonSpeaker, but there doesn't appear to be any way to override that on a per menu item basis.

For example, I create two Series List menu items. I have one that has sub-categories, the other does not. If I set the global default to Subcategory Levels = All, then one menu item shows the sub-categories correctly. But the other menu item shows "Subcategories" at the bottom of the page w/ nothing below it. It would be better to be able to remove that head from the bottom on a per menu item basis (if desired).

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2014 13:21 #4256 by Thomas Hunziker
Currently there is no such option, but it would be quite easy to add it to the menu.

Are you using SermonSpeaker 4.x (because you posted in this forum) or SermonSpeaker 5.x?

More
09 Jan 2014 14:30 #4257 by Michael Dunkle
I'm currently running SermonSpeaker 4.5.8 on Jooma 2.5.17.

More
09 Jan 2014 14:49 - 09 Jan 2014 14:49 #4259 by Thomas Hunziker
The thing is that I don't add new features to SermonSpeaker 4.x anymore. Only bugfixes if needed. Similar to what Joomla does with 2.5.x.

However it should be quite easy to do yourself.
For the series view, you'll have to look at the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/series/metadata.xml. The file contains the menu item parameters for the series view.
You can just add new fields to the "advanced" fieldset, or create a new fieldset and add them there. That doesn't matter.
You can get the needed fields from the file /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/config.xml.
The only change you want to do is add a "Use Global" option.
For the parameter in question, it would be something like that:
Code:
<field name="maxLevel" type="list" label="JGLOBAL_MAXIMUM_CATEGORY_LEVELS_LABEL" description="JGLOBAL_MAXIMUM_CATEGORY_LEVELS_DESC" default="-1"> <option value="">JGLOBAL_USE_GLOBAL</option> <option value="0">JNONE</option> <option value="-1">JALL</option> <option value="1">J1</option> <option value="2">J2</option> <option value="3">J3</option> <option value="4">J4</option> <option value="5">J5</option> </field>
Last edit: 09 Jan 2014 14:49 by Thomas Hunziker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Dunkle

More
18 Jan 2014 20:46 #4277 by Michael Dunkle
Thomas, I understand. Perhaps this is a feature that you might consider adding to the current working branch? I can submit a PR if you'd like. I've added this to my local working site & have found that adding this feature as you've detailed works perfectly on 4.5.8. I don't presently have a 5.x install that I can test against.

Thanks again,

Mike

More
18 Jan 2014 20:55 #4278 by Thomas Hunziker
PRs against the master are very welcome ;)

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds