Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Folder missing from list, sermons not displaying

More
06 Jan 2014 14:47 #4242 by Julie Tillman
I am using Sermon Speaker 4.4.

I just created a new folder to house sermons from 2014, however, from the front side, the year 2014 doesn't show in the drop down list.

Also, none of my sermons from 2014 are displaying on the front side.

What am I missing?

(screenshots attached)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 15:08 #4243 by Thomas Hunziker
Looks correct to me so far.

There may be issues with the foldername "SermonFiles" if you changed that as well. Personally I always use lowercased names as uppercase characters tend to make problems on various enviroments.

Also make sure there didn't slip a space into it at the end of the path. I'm not sure if SermonSpeaker trims the whitespaces always.

More
08 Jan 2014 15:35 #4252 by Julie Tillman
Thomas,

I changed the case and was able to get things worked out. (There was a glitch in the date of the sermon and so it wasn't showing up in the right year, not sure how that happened, but it is displaying properly.)

However, now I have another problem. In adding the new path, now NONE of the old sermons work properly. They are linked in the background with the correct (link) address, but on the front side they will not play or download.

If I change the File path back to 2013 (so that I can access the sermon file in the drop down list), open the individual sermon, choose the sermon file from the drop down list and SAVE it, then it will play on the front side. But I have 10 years of sermons, so I can't go to each one and re-select the file name.

I'm panicking a little bit, what do I do?

(our site is " www.CollegedaleCommunity.com " if you need to look at it from the front side, also happy to give you a login to the backend if that would be helpful).

Thank you!

More
08 Jan 2014 15:52 #4254 by Thomas Hunziker
The path should only have an effect to populate the dropdown lists in the sermon form. Once saved, the path is always relative to the Joomla root directory.

Can you send me access to your site to bakual@bakual.ch? Then I can have a look this evening.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds