Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

File size problem :(

More
03 Dec 2013 16:22 #4151 by K A R Wright
Hi all
I've used this package for a good whilie now & this problem is a first for me, but I can't find a way to resolve it. Basically I have a 19 min file that won't render properly in S/S - instead showing itself constantly as being 1125 mins long with a file length to match :(. I've tried it as both the original file, & also as various exported versions out of Audacity but continue to run into the same issue. If it wasn't such a superb sermon I'd forget about it, but it's one I don't want to lose off the site - however, this issue appears to be impacting on hits despite my putting up a note to ignore the length.

www.bloomfieldmethodist.org.uk/index.php...28-the-family-of-god

All other files I've uploaded (that have mostly been run through Audacity first to compress) all show appropriate sizes.

The original file was saved on a TasCam DR-05 device.

Anyone come across this before or have any suggestions on what else I could try to fix it.

Thanks
Romayne
Webmaster
Bloomfield Methodist Church
Belfast UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2013 17:34 #4152 by Thomas Hunziker
You are using an outdated version of SermonSpeaker. Please update first to SermonSpeaker 4.5.8.
I know there was once a bug related to the time calculation which I fixed, but don't remember when it was. So maybe updating solves this issue.

Also it looks like the file isn't hosted on your server but streamed from another one. Can I have a look at the file itself?

More
03 Dec 2013 18:56 - 03 Dec 2013 19:06 #4153 by K A R Wright
Replied by K A R Wright on topic File size problem :(
Hi Thomas
Thanks SO much for such a speedy reply (wish all Forums were this good!!). Didn't realise SS was outdated (Joomla didn't inform me in the Updates section :( ), so will get that sorted. Unsure why it should appear that the file's not on our server as I uploaded it directly through SS itself, but perhaps I should just do so manually instead & then refer - might also sort out the problem. Will try those first & come back to you if they don't make any difference before uploading the actual file to you.

Not sure why, but the podcasted version was showing as the correct length - intriguing :)
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 19:06 by K A R Wright.

More
03 Dec 2013 19:14 - 03 Dec 2013 19:17 #4154 by K A R Wright
Replied by K A R Wright on topic File size problem :(
Ok - have updated the program & done a manual upload of the file but neither have made any difference. So here's the original file in case there's some issue within it that's the cause of the problem. However, even there, I redid this file twice through Audacity using the same settings as for all the other sermon files for compression, so hard to appreciate it's the problem.

Maybe a gremlin that's just not going to show itself easily :(

NB - tried twice now to add the MP3 file but system isn't allowing it? Any other way I can fire it to you e.g. Dropbox etc?
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 19:17 by K A R Wright.

More
03 Dec 2013 19:19 #4155 by Thomas Hunziker
I probably had a wrong look at the filepath then. I was now able to find it and will have a look at it later (dinner time).

More
03 Dec 2013 21:57 #4156 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm. It works fine when I upload the file from your server to my testing server: joomla16.hopto.org/index.php/sermons

What does it show in your sermon edit form for the length? For me it showed `00:21:12` when I did the lookup. Which looks about correct.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds