Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

jwplayer.js file is being deleted

More
08 Nov 2013 14:51 #4038 by Keith Tennefoss
For the last 2 weeks I have been having an issue with the jwplayer. On my sermon page I get a message that says "Player needs JavaScript turned on" in place of the actual player. I eventually figured out that the message was a result of a missing file jwplayer.js located in .../media/com_sermonspeaker/player/jwplayer/. As soon as I replace that file and refresh my page the player works great. My issue is the file is being removed every night. I've been working with my hosting provider and they have assured me that they are not running anything that would remove files from my system. Their recommendation was that Joomla is most likely removing the file. I have not found anything that supports that theory. I have attempted to lock down permissions to that folder and file so it is read only. I'm not having any other issues with my site, so it seems that this is the only file that is mysteriously disappearing.
Do you have any suggestions or ideas that may lead me to figure out what is happening with this file?

www.mcachurch.org/mcamedia/podcast
SermonSpeaker version 4.5
Joomla version 2.5.14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2013 15:24 #4039 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla only does file processing during updates and for this particular folder, it would only do anything when SermonSpeaker is updated.
Since I don't think you are updating stuff nightly, we can rule this out.

That means either your server does something strange (which your hoster said it doesn't) or you have an extension installed which does strange things or your server is hacked. I can't imagine anything else.

More
20 Nov 2013 19:20 #4104 by Keith Tennefoss
I have finally uncovered the issue with the file being removed, so I thought I would post the resolution. I have been searching for this problem for weeks, each day I would upload the jwplayer.js file so our sermon recordings could be played. I did file by file comparisons with the last known good version of my site. I finally gave up and asked my host provider if they could help me through log files or some type of trace that could pinpoint the process that was removing the file. As part of that process the hosting provider realized that their malware software was removing the file. Thankfully I had not been hacked. Regretfully, I have wasted many hours trying to find this needle in a haystack that they could have resolved the first time I asked.

Thanks Thomas for your reply and advice. It is always appreciated.

More
20 Nov 2013 19:40 #4106 by Thomas Hunziker
Ouch... Nice malware software they have... :sick:

Thanks for sharing!

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds