Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

sermons/series not found

More
15 Oct 2013 22:45 #3969 by Doulos
Hello,

I reinstalled sermonspeaker from scratch, modified my old database to match the latests (4.5.6).

If I look at the sermonspeaker admin to see the sermons and series, all are there and correct, but if I try to get to them using the menu I get the following errors:

Resource not found
Sorry, unfortunately I didn't find any Sermons

and,

Sorry, unfortunately I didn't find any Series

I am about to pull my last hair out. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Doulos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2013 22:51 #3970 by Thomas Hunziker
Please don't pull your hair. B)

Try to assign a valid category to each series, sermons and Speakers. You can use the batch functions for this. Maybe you need to add a value for the alias field to the entries as well. Then it gets a bit complicater. I one wrote a database query one can use to help with that. It should be somewhere in the forum :)
If you need assistance, I can help you with that.

Usually this issue comes when you manually move the database tables from another Joomla installation, because the category ids will be different between the Joomla versions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doulos

More
15 Oct 2013 22:55 - 15 Oct 2013 23:00 #3971 by Doulos
Replied by Doulos on topic sermons/series not found
That worked for the series, but still not showing sermons.

EDIT: Ok, I see that I did not finish altering the sermon_sermons table. I'll let you know how it goes after I finish that.

Thanks,
Doulos
Last edit: 15 Oct 2013 23:00 by Doulos.

More
15 Oct 2013 23:03 #3972 by Thomas Hunziker
Maybe check as well the menu item.

More
16 Oct 2013 22:51 - 16 Oct 2013 23:36 #3977 by Doulos
Replied by Doulos on topic sermons/series not found
Grr, I deleted my sermonspeaker tables, reloaded the default sql and the sermons "The Sin of Booze" showed up fine.

When I reloaded my tables (after checking to be sure all columns and data was the same as the default sql) nothing shows.

When I go to the Sermons by Series menu item (pointed to Series List) it says "Sorry, unfortunately I didn't find any Series". When I go to a specific sermons using a direct link it shows "

Error

Resource not found

All sermons
Display #
Subcategories

Uncategorized

Item Count:

Sermons

Item Count:
10"

I even tried to re-upload the file through Sermonspeaker and adding a new sermon, but it still doesn't show anything.

Worst case, I will delete my table, use the default tables and add sermons back in one at a time. Hopefully, that will work.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2013 23:36 by Doulos.

More
17 Oct 2013 07:35 #3978 by Thomas Hunziker
May I ask why you do manually alter the database? This is highly discouraged. You should let SermonSpeaker handle that or you probably miss something.
  • If you are migrating from a SermonSpeaker 3.x, you may want to follow the guide here: www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/27-how-do-i-mi...rmonspeaker-4-x.html
  • If your old SermonSpeaker is already version 4.x, then just install the same version again in your new installation. Then copy the tables. Then install the newest SermonSpeaker version. It will automatically update your database and migrate data where needed.

If nothing shows it almost certainly means that the category isn't set properly. SermonSpeaker makes access checks to the sermons, speakers and series categories to see if the user is allowed to see them. If the stored catid is invalid or missing, then the entry will not be shown.
Also the category id set in the menu item should be a valid SermonSpeaker category as well. If you copied your menu items from the old installation, make sure to resave them on the new installation so the category id will be updated.

Subcategories

Uncategorized

Item Count:

Sermons

Item Count:
10"

This looks to me like the menu item doesn't have a category set.

If you need assistance, you can email me at bakual@bakual.ch. I would need access to your Joomla backend and if possible also to a database manager like phpMyAdmin.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds