Logo of SermonSpeaker Extension Claim

Login Form

× Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Page will not display sermons

More
5 years 1 month ago #3929 by donald dickens
:whistle: I have moved my site to a different host. After reconstructing the site I reloaded Sermonsspeaker. Then I went into the old data base and copied my sermons, speakers and all pertaining to sermonspeaker and imported them into the new database. ( I deleted the respective entries first) Looking into my component sermonspeaker I can see all of my sermons, speakers, etc; I made my menu link be a sermons list looking for sermons in the category sermon. When I view the page I get the message no sermons found. I went back and made a single sermon selecting one of the sermons in the drop down list and saved that. Still no sermon. I'm not sure what to do next. I don't have all of my actual sermon mp3s uploaded yet but I do have 5 or 6. These files are 25-35 meg in size and take a while to upload. I made it a single sermon and pointed it to an actual file I have uploaded but that didn't work either. Here is the site I'm trying to duplicate if you can get the site to load (hence the reason for changing hosts) www.stpaulschurchofconway.com Here is the new site: sermon.stpaulsconway.org On the old site I had some scripture references for some of the sermons but that didn't cross over. Any help would be appreciated.

Don Dickens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3931 by Thomas Hunziker
Check the series and speakers and make sure they have a valid category assigned as well. Then it should work.

As for the scriptures: That depends what version of SermonSpeaker your are using. In an older version they were stored within the sermons table, in the current versions they are stored in their own table. SermonSpeaker does check this on an update and move the scriptures accordingly.
Now if you copied the tables from an old version to your new SermonSpeaker installation, this may fail.

Make sure when you copy tables that you have the same version of SermonSpeaker installed in both places so you don't get corrupt database tables. The only exception to this rule is when you migrate from Joomla 1.5 where you should exactly follow the guide.

Feel free to rate SermonSpeaker on JED .
Useful documentation for beginners: First Steps & FAQ
How to say "Thank You!": Contribute or support using the Donate button at the bottom of each page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3932 by donald dickens
I have my problem fixed. I wiped out the whole database and restored it with the backup from my old site. and that corrected it. The scripture references are restored as well. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I also uploaded the rest of the sermons so that all of the sermons now have valid mp3 files to see. Not sure which actually fixed it but it's now working. Thank you for responding.

Don Dickens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3933 by Thomas Hunziker
Backup and Restore for sure is the best way to move a site :)

Feel free to rate SermonSpeaker on JED .
Useful documentation for beginners: First Steps & FAQ
How to say "Thank You!": Contribute or support using the Donate button at the bottom of each page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum